Thursday, October 8, 2009

~~~~Family Tradition~~~~


A family tradition that we have is getting together on christmas day at my grandmother's house. Its a big party that my grandmother throws every year with a lot of family memebers..... everyone arrives at her house around 4pm...there are tables that are set up for majong, playing cards, and eating. Usually the older generation gathers around the piano and sings christmas carols while the younger generation is in the tv room watching tv or playing games. The type of food that is on the dinning room table is: fish, lumpia's, lecheon, chicken, rice, dinner rolls, different types of beef, ham , and more. Then on the dessert table there are many different types of cakes, cookies, fruit, and different fillipino desserts. We play christmas games and give out presents. My siblings and I are usaually behind the bar serving drinks, cleaning up tables and taking out the trash.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Who plays mah jong? When I was traveling in Malaysia, the sounds of people playing mah jong kept me awake at night. It seemed like all the Chinese Malay played every night, and since there really weren't windows with glass or screen in them, it was easy to hear. Your post took me back the sounds of tiles and Chinese.

    ReplyDelete